Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Featured Battgirl // Melissa Martin (Six Kids Quilts)

#Battgirls/#Battmen Questionnaire:


1. What inspired you to start quilting and what inspires you now?

I have always wanted to learn to piece-quilt, but finally got the inspiration to do it when I was cleaning out my closet and found my husband’s old police uniforms. I took the patches from the fronts and sleeves and pieced them into my very first quilt! It’s definitely not my best work, but you have to start somewhere!

I love the art of quilting and that’s what keeps me inspired. 

2. Your favorite thing about quilting and/or being part of the quilting industry?

I love that I am able to meet and talk to people from all over the country - and even the world - that love the same thing I do and have such a passion for it. 

 

3. Any special connections and friendships you have gained through quilting.

I made a lot of new friends when I joined my local and quilt guild. 

 

4. Any upcoming events, classes, guild meetings, etc you’d like to share or spread the word about? If so, please include links, address & contact info.

I will be teaching my very first long-arm quilting class to a group of ladies in Mississippi later this month. 

 

5. Which Quilters Dream Batting product is yours and your customers' favorites and why?

My customers and I love Quilter’s Dream Wool. I love the loft and softness it gives to the quilts even when they’re heavily quilted. 🐑 

6. Please share your special or helpful quilting techniques and tips?

While I am rolling the quilt on the frame I mist it with water to remove wrinkles. 

If I mark on the quilt with a blue mark-be-gone I spray a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda with one cup of water to remove.


The first time I quilted for someone for a quilt show, I won best machine quilting.


We are loving the quilt ink!



Thank you Melissa for being the featured #battgirl this month! Be sure to follow Six Kids Quilts @6kidsquilts on Facebook and @sixkidsquilts on Instagram.

If you or someone you know is interested in becoming one of our Featured #battgirl/#battman, then click HERE for more details!! 

Happy Quilting from the Dream Team!


1 comment:

  1. oh gosh....what a eye catching quilts idea!!! colors are so dynamic and vibrant

    Buy Girls Quilt Sets

    ReplyDelete