1. What inspired you to start quilting and what inspires you now?
I have always wanted to learn to piece-quilt, but finally got the inspiration to do it when I was cleaning out my closet and found my husband’s old police uniforms. I took the patches from the fronts and sleeves and pieced them into my very first quilt! It’s definitely not my best work, but you have to start somewhere!
I love the art of quilting and that’s what keeps me inspired.
2. Your favorite thing about quilting and/or being part of the quilting industry?
I love that I am able to meet and talk to people from all over the country - and even the world - that love the same thing I do and have such a passion for it.
3. Any special connections and friendships you have gained through quilting.
I made a lot of new friends when I joined my local and quilt guild.
4. Any upcoming events, classes, guild meetings, etc you’d like to share or spread the word about? If so, please include links, address & contact info.
I will be teaching my very first long-arm quilting class to a group of ladies in Mississippi later this month.
5. Which Quilters Dream Batting product is yours and your customers' favorites and why?
My customers and I love Quilter’s Dream Wool. I love the loft and softness it gives to the quilts even when they’re heavily quilted. 🐑
6. Please share your special or helpful quilting techniques and tips?
While I am rolling the quilt on the frame I mist it with water to remove wrinkles.
If I mark on the quilt with a blue mark-be-gone I spray a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda with one cup of water to remove.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming one of our Featured #battgirl/#battman, then click HERE for more details!!
Happy Quilting from the Dream Team!