Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Featured Battgirl // Vicki Hodge



I recently published 'Button Box Quilts' with Quiltmania Editions, a book of two-sided quilts.  The quilts were exhibited last month in the Pour l'Amour du Fil quilt show in Nantes, France. 

During the show I demonstrated the fluidity of the quilt, despite the weight of two tops and dense quilting, by waving the quilt from a bottom corner.  The lightness of the finished piece surprised even me.  The limber quality of the piece is due to my choice of quilt batt - Quilter's Dream Request.

I use Quilters Dream  Request in all my quilts for multiple reasons.  I appreciate the 100% cotton construction and batt thickness which produces a flat quilt reminiscent of antique quilts.  The cotton batt is excellent for both machine and hand quilting - I love the opportunity to use batt remnants in hand quilting doll and crib quilts (notice the Baptist Fan hand quilting underway in the picture of the book).

I've used this batt for many years and will continue for many more - consistent, excellent quality.

Vicki Hodge
https://fromthebuttonbox.blogspot.com







If you would like to be featured on our blog and share your project, click here for more info. 



No comments:

Post a Comment