Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Aviatrix Medallion QAL: Border one. The Neutrals.


Part 2 in my adventure with Oh, Fransson! Aviatrix Medallion QAL.

Last night I started the first border, made up of half square triangles in a selection of 5 neutrals.  I chose a silvery-brown, could even be called a taupe, for my neutral palette.  

There are so may options for making half-square triangles (HST).  Elizabeth has you cut 3" squares, then cut the squares diagonally and sew the triangles together then trim to size.



I decided to give Quilt Time's Triangle Genie a whirl.  My sister gifted me this nifty tool last Christmas.  She has video tutorials on her website, but the instructions are clear and easy to understand.

Cathy Wierzbicki's Triangle Genie by Time to Quilt

Instructions are easy to understand.

I cut 3" long strips, matching up light and dark.  Lined-up the Triangle Genie and marked my cut lines.  Then I noticed something.


What are those bubbles??

Protective stickers!  (kinda fun removing those things -- am I right :)





Much better. Ruler is clear and without the stickers its so much easier to get the tip of my pen through the grooves. Silly me.



Sew 1/4" on both sides of the purple cut line.  


I really like the Triangle Genie.  


Cut up all my HST on the purple cut lines.


Pressed and trimmed.


I like the taupe-brown borders.  It adds some warmth to the overall look.





How is everyone else coming along with Aviatrix Medallion QAL?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment