Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Aviatrix Medallion QAL: Border two.



The second border is super easy!  It's a nice break from the first two weeks of technique sewing. The larger pieces really help show off the prints.



Lining up my rows.
Love the yellow bridge fabric.
One of my favorite fabrics in this quilt is the yellow bridge fabric which until now didn't look like much.  All of the pieces I've cut so far are pretty small, not doing this larger print any justice.

Pretty orange block.


Need to fix the uppermost orange block.

I need to take the right side border apart just a bit and remove the first two blocks.  Shaving ~ 1/4" off the green kangaroo block will help line up the top orange block with the rest of the row.  

My eye goes right to that upper right most orange block.  Funny how when everything else is lining up, one flaw, no matter how minor, sticks out like a neon sign.



As a side note, I'm using a scrap of our Quilters Dream Poly Request as a traveling block wrangler.  The cotton fabric grips the polyester batting and helps keep my ironed seams in place.  I've been moving this around for three weeks now - in the car, out the car, in the office and back home again - its holding up really well.  No fuzzing or stretching.  Pretty cool.  

Look at all those pretty blocks

It's coming together!

Seams.


This week feels like the calm before the storm - border three is going to be intense!  I'm gonna  try and get a jump on that one this week.





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment