Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Aviatrix Medallion QAL: Borders 4 & 5


It's been awhile since I've posted about Aviatrix.....I lost momentum.  But, I'm back at my sewing machine again.  And I'm determined to finish this one.

Border 4 was pretty straight forward.  Cut small squares, sew them into groups of five and then sew the groups of five together to create long strips.  I added a few more neutral fabrics into the mix to add a bit more variety.



Border five consists of log cabin blocks.  I love the look of log cabin blocks.  The idea of the block is simple, but there are so many different ways to arrange the blocks.  And each variation give the quilt a different look. But log cabins are my nemesis.  You have to iron and square up each side after sewing them on.  



After all that attention, most of the blocks are just a tad lopsided.  Thank goodness for a hot steam iron.  What would us quilters do without our irons :)  




I wrestled and pleaded with the blocks and they eventually submitted.

So here it is, border five completed!  Just one more border to go.....and then done!




Till next time ..... check out all the beautiful -completed - Aviatrix quilts out on Instagarm

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment